A CSF Radiator is a beautiful new addition to the WRX build!
During the first part of breaking in the new IAG closed deck short block, I noticed the coolant temperatures displayed on the Accessport were often over 200 degrees Fahrenheit and it was rather cold outside. It touched 210 a couple times and I started to research cooling upgrades that would let me keep my Grimmspeed Top Mount Intercooler. The stock 02 WRX cooling system was not going to cut it. I hadn’t even started to hit boost yet.
I ended up going with a CSF Radiator. CSF Racing makes race-spec all-aluminum radiators with built-in oil coolers.
Technical Specs about the CSF Radiator
- Race-spec all-aluminum radiator with built-in oil cooler for the SUBARU WRX/STI: 02-07 & 08-14 + 2015
- These radiators utilize a 2-row 42mm core that feature CSF’s exclusive B-tube technology, as well as an ultra-efficient 6.5mm multi-louvered fin for maximum surface area contact, heat dissipation, and extreme performance capabilities.
- Equipped with an all-aluminum racing style drain plug for quick and reliable fluid changes
- CSF 1.4 Bar (20 psi) radiator cap
- Engineered and designed to be a complete “drop-in fit” install. Works with all the OEM brackets, fittings, AC condenser, hoses, and fan shrouds (only minor trimming needed at fitting locations)
- Featuring a robust 4-plate liquid-to-oil plate-type oil cooler built into the bottom endtank. A liquid-to-oil cooler is much more efficient than a conventional air-oil cooler. Lab tested in CSF”s ISO certified in-house lab testing facility to reject heat better and at a faster rate than a 10 row air-to-oil cooler. In addition, by being placed in the bottom endtank, the oil temperature is regulated by the thermostat of the cooling system. Never have to worry about operating temperatures not warming up fast enough in cold weather climates.
- Complete with 2 AN-10 male fittings and is compatible with many popular aftermarket engine and exhaust manifolds.
- This kit comes complete with a machined thermostatic sandwich plate made by Greddy and forged right angle -10 fittings made by BAT.
- Topped off with the industry’s finest 1 hour hand polish “mirror finish” for a look that matches the performance.
You can check out CSF Radiators for Subarus and many other makes on csfrace.com
More About CSF Radiators – The Experts of Cooling
Founder and writer for Motor Speed News. Current garage: 02 WRX, 05 Toyota Tundra, 86 Yamaha Virago XV1100